WELCOME to My Mind

Welcome to "Under Kody's Hat"! Here is a look at some of the things I think about, know and get to do with Hats on a daily basis.

Aug 7, 2011

I AM BACK BABY!

Holy Cat Fish there has been a pile of things I have done and places I have been since I last talked to you fine comrades of mine!  First and foremost we have the final touches of opening our very own CUSTOM HAT SHOP!  We have acquired all the equipment and skills and are ready to build everyone some custom Hats.  More to come on that at a later date!  Here is what has been going on while I was away from you all!


May was very good with our Straw Hats!  We ordered a couple of different body styles that pushed the standard and did very well.  Also our BIG GUN ROPE CO. sold many, many ropes to Cowboys all across the nation!!  It is very exiting to have people loving our product and have repeat customers!


June was amazing!!  I was home barely one week of the whole entire month. The 2nd of June, I left for the Utah Jr. High School Finals and sold tons of Straw Hats and almost our entire supply of Big Gun Kid Ropes.  Two days following that was the Utah High School Finals which my lil bro was apart of!  (He ended up 4th overall in the Steer Wrestling, and went to Gillette, Wyoming for the National High School Finals)  By the end of those 2 weeks I had sold and creased enough Hats to fit an army!  It was spectacular because everywhere you turned there was a Hat that some one had bought from me.  I was home for one day and the loaded another trailer with some Hats and Saddles for the Art of The Cowboy Makers competition in Loveland, CO.  So Holly (my SMOKIN HOT wife) and I left one day earlier and went to the San Diego Padres (my team) and the Colorado Rockies (Holly's team) baseball game in Denver!  I wore my San Diego Hat sitting right next to the Rockies dug out.  Needless to say I lost and Holly got fried so it was about even!  From there we went to Greeley, CO and were able to experience Greeley Hat Works and see there operation!  Let's just say it was very inspiring!  From there, we set up the show and got started with the competition.


I was Proud of my BLACK CHERRY PURE BEAVER HAT WITH AUTHENTIC OSTRICH SWEAT BAND AND HAT BAND.  I was also proud of KADE's WHISKEY PURE BEAVER HAT WITH A CHAR BROWN  BOUND EDGE AND MATCHING BOW HAT BAND!  Kade won second place in the youth and I didn't end up in the top 3.


Then my Sweetheart of a wife locked the keys in the truck in the Olive Garden parking lot. With my temperature pretty close to boiling, I was trying to break into my truck through the back sliding glass window.  I was trying too hard, and shattered my back window!  The next morning at the show,  someone clipped my bumper and left!!!  To top the whole entire trip off, we finally headed home and the water pump goes out in Grand Junction!!  I don't care if I ever go back to COLORADO again!


JULY 2nd, my brother and I were entered up for the weekend at 3 rodeos and a Home Town Roping.  During this Holly and I were moving into a new place!  Parker (my lil man) and I met Kade and his traveling partners in Mt. Pleasant Saturday morning to run our first steers, and Holly stayed home to start unpacking the trailer full of stuff.  No luck for any of us.  I had the boys stop and help move our couches in on our way to Salina for the rodeo that night.  Bad steers and again No Luck.  Then on Sunday Morning we got up and roped in the Redmond Jackpot Team Roping and I ended up winning a little money!  We left there, and I had to take a Cold shower because we hadn't even turned the Hot water heater on in our new place.  We then headed to Tooele to run our last steer of the weekend.  I was first out, pumped and had a good fresh steer. I called for him and got down alil early and he keep running so I reached up and set my feet and then my left knee completely popped out and I fell on my face.  I knew I couldn't stand up, so I bit my lip and hobbled over to the fence, and crawled on the Haze Horse (Pepper AKA the Old Man).  I hazed Kade and Trevor's steers then rode to the horse trailer and couldn't get off the Horse, so I slid onto Frank, went to step with my left leg, and my knee joint gave away and I again fell on my face!  Come to find out I completely tore my left ACL, tore the Lateral Meniscus and had a large Bone Bruise.  So the rest of July I limped around creasing Hats and getting things prepared for our New Hat Shop!


Now that it is August I have a New ACL, trimmed up Meniscus, awesome looking scar, Fresh Ideas and a Hat Shop to kick the rest of the year straight in the ass with!


LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment