WELCOME to My Mind

Welcome to "Under Kody's Hat"! Here is a look at some of the things I think about, know and get to do with Hats on a daily basis.

Jan 16, 2012

Fat Horses!

About 6 years ago, I worked on a dude ranch down by Zion National Park.  I had a great time being on a horse every day. One of the memories from there really helped me tune in one of my skills.  I got alot of practice throwing my Hat.  We had about 22 head of horses that could never get enough feed.  They would constantly eat while on our rides.  This got really old for me, so I would throw my Hat under them to keep the line moving.  There was this one horse named Pinky that just didnt care about the Hat under his feet.  I had to take it a step further.  In the time I was there I became very precise about hitting him right on the ass with my Hat from 2 horses back!

I'm not gonna lie it is a helpful skill to have.  This unique talant comes in handy with stray dogs, knocking a kite out of a tree, starting a fight, the ring toss at the State Fair, and works great on small childern to keep them from touching the DVD player during the best part of Yogi Bear.  So all of you practice up because one day you will need to be on top of your game!

No comments:

Post a Comment